Thursday, June 7, 2007

GPS

Got lost and was late for doctor's appointment. So I decided to take some-sort of measurements to prevent being late. Went to Costco, and learned the charge of Veraizon's VZ navigator service for it's cell phone (because I can only find that GPS service for its cell phone user at the retailer), How much? $9.99 a month or $2.99 a day. Well, my cell is not with Veraizon. Checked a road map book there, costs about $26, which only covers in Bay Area. Went back again to the electric corner and finally bought a Magellan RoadMate, because Costco deals with it only and was kind of cheap. Paid $270.61 ($249.99 plus tax $20.60--CA's 8.5% tax rate). At the parking lot, an Indian guy, who happend to pass by, helped me set it up (I think he is an engineer). I have been testing it ever since. Not so fancy, but it works. It's OK at this moment.Maybe I should have bought DASH instead, so that I could search Yahoo local.

No comments: